Wow, I Haven't Post In Awhile!



Hi everyone, sorry for the long absents, first of all, I know it been a full year since my last post. I got a bit lazy and for some reason didn't want to do it this anymore, but after one of my old classmate, she talked me outta killing the blog. So thank her for that. Anyway, this isn't official since I missed the whole year. So for today, I'm just going to give the rundown of what happen this past year give my thought. Also, I know it's 2013, so forgive me, better late than never.

 George Lucas says no more Star Wars, after selling it to Disney for 4 billion dollars!


George-Lucas-Star-Wars.jpg
Mr. Lucas will now focus on  passion projects that interest him.
Yep, the House of Mouse is now the proud owner of the Lucasfilm which includes Indiana Jones after Lucas announced back in February that he would no longer work on the franchise. Great news for fanboys who felt Lucas lost his way after the debacle that was the prequels. So far amid wild speculation and rumors, a new writer was announced, but no new director as of yet. Expect Star Wars Episode VII out in 2015.

This is great, as I felt the prequels were boring when Lucas were writing and directing it, now that the franchise is out of  Lucas' hands maybe we can get back what the original trilogy fun and exciting and since we're the subject can we please get the original trilogy on Blu-Ray, with Han shooting first?

[Update: Since I started writing this back around Christmas, when this was suppose to go out, J.J. Abrams was announced as director, making this one degree of separation to Star Trek, speaking of which is coming out on May 17. As I'm a fan of both Star Wars and Trek it will be interesting to see how Abrams will do with the franchise as he did an amazing job on Star Trek and can't wait to see the sequel into The Darkness. Hopefully with no lens flares, which was overkill. Here a trailer for Star Trek: In The Darkness, just in case don't know what Mr. Abrams would bring to the table.]

[Update, I did see Star Trek: Into Darkness, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I have seen the teasers for Star Wars: the Force Awakened, all I have to say is... 'Can't wait, COME ON DECEMBER 18 GET HERE ALREADY!]


G4 no more!

Back in October, it was announced that G4TV was canceling their long-running shows Attack of the Show and X-Play and the network will be re-banding itself as the Esquire Channel in early 2013. Earlier back in April, Adam Sessler left the network after 14 years with Kevin Pereria fallowing a month later (Mmm, something was afoot at G4TV and it wasn't good.)

I wasn't too happy when they got dropped from DirecTV back in 2010, but G4 became less valued in the years that it was on the air, no thanks to the fact that it was become more or less the Cops and Cheaters channel even though they did had some good show in the beginning and some anime, but as the years went on they kept changing it up until they were so far removed from what it was, which was gaming, tech, and internet culture.

I will miss X-Play, the most as they were the show. I will miss Morgan Webb and Blair Herder as they tried to continue on without Adam Sessler as I mention earlier on had left the show. X-Play was the one show where I got most if not all the game that sit proudly on myself at this moment was because of the show.

2002-2013
AOTS I will probably miss the least since Kevin Pereria left, the show felt flat and lifeless but kept watching for... I don't know why I kept watching, maybe out of obligation or that it came on after X-Play? Either way, I still watched it. Even after the rise of the YouTube and sites like ScrewAttack.com. So whatever the case, behind the scenes drama, broadcasting rights, whatever.

For me, I will miss their coverage of E3, PAX, and Comic Con. As we are an internet culture that can not get own information at a click of a button, but the writing was on the wall for them. X-Play will have on my show and they promise they are going out with a bang. This network also gave us Ninja Warrior, what will become the show now that the network is changing its format? G4TV despite all your haters, you will be missed.

[Update: Actually G4 didn't cease until late 2014. Forgive me this was written back 2013, so a lot has happened since I originally wrote this. Also, note that Esquire re-banded The Style Network instead.]


Also good news for anyone that is a fan of Adam Sessler as he has found a new home at Revision 3. Check out this video of his first day.

[Update, as of 2014, Sessler left and Rev3 Game cease, sensing a pattern here? Also, I feel that Gamer Gate may or may not had something to do with all this as well. Not certain for sure.]


The Avengers made over 300 Billion worldwide!


I KNOW RIGHT!!! Making more than over 300 billion dollars worldwide for a franchise that was five years in the making is very impressive.  The film was amazing and can wait for the sequel, each character got to shine, the ending was funny (the second one, which is a call back to what Ironman say about wanting earlier on.) Also, I went to see the Dark Knight Rises and it was also quite amazing. Speak of amazing, I finally saw Amazing Spider-Man on Blu-Ray not too long ago, it wasn't as too bad and it might have improved a bit over the 2002 version. I will admit, it would have been nice to see Spidey crossover with other superheroes in the Marvel movie universe, but as for legal reason (or Sony flat out rebooting it to keep the movie right a bit longer, jerks!) Ted wasn't a bad movie, it just seem to come out nowhere as it was the funniest movie of the summer (probably because Paramount pushed back the release of GI Joe Retaliation to March 29th of this year, so they could convert it to 3-D.)

In that time span after the film's success, it was announced that Warner Bros. would also be releasing the Justice League movie in 2015 about the same time as the Avengers sequel is coming out. How is this going to work? It took Marvel five movie to set it up, and now the WB wants to put out the Justice League movie when the only superheroes they bank on is Superman and Batman (well Batman more than Superman.) Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Marvel U. though, but I always had a soft spot for the DCU superheroes as well.
We all seen the Catwoman movie, it sucked. Jonah Hex (though to be fair I didn't see it because of a review of it I saw of it,) it sucked and the Green Lantern movie, well... You know, it sucked hard! Time will tell if the Warner Bros. can pull off this? Only time will tell.

[Update: As of April 16, 2015, the trailer for Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer was leaked on the same day as the new teaser for StarWars: the Force Awakened, then later with it coming out on April 17 instead of the 20th. It isn't looking good, but like I say only time will tell if the movie is any good. Also of note that Spider-Man will be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after a Sony got hacked and the last Spider-Man film doing poorly for the studio, I'll go into further details in a later post.]


I Still Haven't Beaten Skyrim!!

I haven't beaten Skyrim or Fallout: New Vegas, I been lazy I will revisit in the future, but I have played and beaten Batman: Arkham Asylum and City back to back, the one thing that was hard for me at first was Riddle Trophies in Batman: Arkham City, after I figure them out (with the help of the internet.)

I also found two interesting video games on Xbox Live, Cthulu Saves The World and Breath Of Death VII: The Beginning, both games are throwbacks to RPGs of the 8 and 16-bit era with tons references to other video games, which I love.

So that all I can muster for the moment sorry for the year long absents, I just got away from it and hope to post more in the future.

Nerdy Will







Comments